Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Paolo Boccardi-Fashion Photographer



I found Italian photographer Paolo Boccardi while surfing different photography websites. Boccardi is an amazing photographer who does most of his work in the commercial and fashion world but also has beautiful work of his travels. Boccardi describes himself as an advanced Photoshop user as well as an art director, of what, I am unsure. However, I love his work in fashion because it has a fine art feeling.


Boccardi does much of his work using nude models. This is one of my favorite images of his fine art pieces. I love the lighting that casts soft shadows and gives high contrast and depth to the image. The light cascades down her body, showing her curves. The image is so beautiful and feminine added to by the high heels and tutu.

Boccardi's website is what first drew me to his work. I myself am a photographer and have been trying to create a sleek website for my work. I used this website as my model for a classic, contemporary design. I think the site is effective so that the information needed to navigate the site does not detract from the art. The look is clean and modern and the images are large and dynamic.


Boccardi has captured beautiful images in his travels. He not only captures the picturesque landscapes but also interesting people in interesting ways. Boccardi's portfolio demonstrates his versatility as an artist. Each of his images are beautiful and unique. My hope is that my work will someday be as dynamic and creative as Paolo Boccardi's.

No comments:

Post a Comment