Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Pet Pig



I found this artist's series of videos on youtube.com and find them very entertaining. The videos are an art diary of the creator Val. This is all I know about them. I don't know whether it is just her cute accent or her exaggeratedly cheesy personality that interests me, but I think Val is very funny.

In this particular video entitled My Pet Pig, Val discusses her asperations of beening a fashion designer. It is all very random and makes no sense at first. She rambles on about how her aunt think she's a lesbian and how she paints her fashion designs on valuptious women. She is very casual and funny which makes her character appealing. Throughout the film, Val is painting a painting of a woman. The title of the film starts to make sense when she paints a a pig in the woman's arms.

The painting that Val paints in the video is a very whimsical painting of a woman holding a pig. She explains why she used the color pallet that she used and the meaning behind different elements of the painting. I really love the childlike rendering of the painting yet the skillful technique the artist used. I love the randomness of the the richly colored strokes in the background of the painting.

Another reason that I like Val's videos is because of the style and mood of the video. All of her videos have beautiful lighting and vignettes. All of the videos that I have seen have a similar style that suites the artist. I think that the creator must have used Adobe After Effects for the text and special effects of the video. I also really love the artist's use of color throughout her videos. She films her pieces by really playing with the focus of the camera, which makes a beautiful effect. It is like her videos are like paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment