Monday, March 1, 2010

Portraits


My passion in life is photography. Photography allows me to creatively express myself in a way that I cannot do otherwise. I particularly love shooting portraits. A portrait is a very personal and intimate look into a person. I think of a portrait as a true expression of one's self. I like to allow the subject to dictate the style and personality of a portrait so I can bring them to life with a photograph. Portraits should capture the essence of a person and make a lasting impression.

I love people. Creating portraits is my way of representing all kinds of people in unique ways. I think I have the ability of seeing the beauty in everyone. I want people to feel good about who they are and I want their portrait to reflect that. I love human-kind's uniqueness and think that it should be celebrated.

Another reason I love portraiture is because I love giving people the gift of a beautiful picture of themselves. Everyone needs to feel good about themselves. So many times, I find that people are self-conscious about the way they look and are often afraid of being photographed. It is my hope to show people their unique beauty through my work. Everyone has beautiful features, so I like to accentuate the good and photograph my subjects in flattering ways, playing with the idea of camera angel, perspective, and poses.

I have photographed an array of people. Some of my favorite photos are those of my 97 year old aunt. I think the elderly are beautiful and that they should be celebrated. Their faces have such texture and shape. Their wrinkles tell a story of life and their experience. I also love photographing the very young. Brand new babies are much like the elderly in that they are so precious and seem to know so much. I love to capture all of their little details of wrinkly skin and tiny parts.

1 comment: