Monday, March 1, 2010

M.C.Design on facebook




I have not yet created a website for my work so I made a page on facebook.com to share my work with others. The page showcases my work. I am using this page to promote my skills and passions. The site is still in progress but I have already received a lot of positive feedback and have gotten several job opportunities from creating this page. It is an easy way to communicate with clients and post the work that I have done for them. It is a great way for clients to preview their work and give feedback.

I am creating a design company called M.C. Design. The company focuses mostly on photography. I did not choose the name M.C. Photography because I did want to limit myself to just photography. I want my company to also encompass my work in wall murals, graphic design, and book illustration. I have so many interests and did not want to limit myself to just one. I have been doing my art work for more than 15 years and have just now gotten to the point of creating a name for myself.

I think that it is important to promote ourselves as artists. It is so important to get your name and work out to as many people as possible. The term "starving artist" is so often true because it is sometimes difficult to get know as an artist. Sites like facebook.com can expose my work to so many people that might otherwise never see it. It allows you to network with friends and friends of friends which tend to be the best way to get clients, through word of mouth.

My design business is really starting to pickup. I owe a lot of the credit to facebook.com. I know of no better way that one could share their work in a way to generate discussion and interest. facebook.com has been a simple way to expose my work to everyone I know and it is really paying off. The best thing about creating a facebook page for your work is that is is free. It doesn't get better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment