Monday, March 8, 2010

My New website...Still in Progress!


www.monicacottondesign.com

I attempted to create a website for my work. I am very disappointed because I it is not turning out the way I anticipated. It is often difficult to demonstrate a conception. The web has many limitations. I need to put a lot more time and research into the art of web design because it is a complicated field.

Because of my limited knowledge of web design, I turned to intuit.com. It seemed too good to be true and it was. Intuit promises simple website building, and that is exactly what you get. The program is oversimplified and difficult to modify. It is very limited as to what you can do. I tried a free trial but don't think that I will continue. Being a multi-media major, one would think I could design a descent website. I need some work.
I want my website to focus on my photography but also to display my fine art and graphic design. I would love to create galleries of my work and also private galleries for my photography clients' pictures. I am currently working on a flash animated flash page which may add interest.
I really like the logo that I created for myself. I graphically reduced an image in illustrator and edited to look symbolic of a camera. I was able to incorporate my initials within the logo. The "C" in my initials worked perfectly as the camera lens. The background of my logo was taken from one of my HDR photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment